Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009 Projects

Some projects for 2009!!!!!!
I have so many things I want to refinish and re do the next couple of months......there is only one thing getting in the way and that is the weather......most of the work is done out doors and it really hasn't been great weather wise.......well anyway there is a salvage company in Berkeley called Ohmega Salvage and it is one of the best ones around our area......you just never know what you will find...
I wanted to put a mirror over the fireplace in my bedroom and I love the Victorian look....well I got lucky...I found the Fabulous Victorian Mirror last Saturday that came from the East Lake area in Oakland....they had some Fabulous Victorian homes around that area...well like everything else they were torn down to make way for modern change.....
this mirror is from the late 1800 .......over my fireplace I had a 39 3/4 clearance and this mirror is from bottom to top is 39 1/2......was I lucky......it will fit perfectly.....my lucky day... I will be painting it and finely getting my bedroom put together......
and you may remember this... I did live with this little table and I really do not like it in my living room.... so this will be re done.....

and of course my vanity.....
it is still waiting for her little re do.....
oh where oh where is the sun!!!!!!
I know this is California but I think the Sun is on vacation.....

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a grea find. I love the table and vanity too.

Linda Q said...

Mo, you scored on the Eastlake Mirror, great find! I can't wait to see what you do with everything.
I have some things I want to paint too. Think I will just get out the card board to put them on in the family room and paint inside.
Linda

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Mo girl my heart just stopped when I seen that mirror..don't you just love the hunt for great pieces..we have our Second Sunday swap meet in Sacramento this week end and its over 300 dealers and each month..you should try and go there some time...great stuff and good prices..You would just love it Mo..and not that far from your house..how lucky you were to find one that just fit..way to go girl!! hugs and smiles Gloria

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Mo this swap meet is every Second Sunday rain or shine..on 21th street between w and Y ave...and its great you'll love it..its like from 6am to 5pm..its under the freeway..Parking is free cost 3.00 per person to get in..I always take my buggy with me just in case..Len and I both love it..I just got 40 yds of chintz fabric for $20.00 last time I went there..good luck...hugs and smiles Gloria

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

OH BOY, Did you get lucky! That victorion mirror is to die for... It is just fabulous! Those are the kind of treasures I like to get. I'm really looking forward seeing your magic on this one..

One Shabby Old House said...

I am so happy for you Mo. That is going to be drop dead georgous and I can't wait to see it painted. I can only imagine how your heart pounded as you found that great find!
Alot going on over here. I will e-mail you
Hugs
Becky

LillyB said...

Ohhh so beautiful!!! Great find!!

Miss Janice said...

That mirror is such a find and I love that vanity of yours.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog banner looks like Cape..I painted a similar cottage on a found cottage window years ago!

Lola Enchanted said...

What a very pretty vanity!!!!!
Luscious!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Mo! What a beautiful overmantle!! It will be gorgeous ~ can't wait to see it finished.

I love your vanity, too.

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Looks lke you have some great pieces...and some fun projects for 2009!

Neabear said...

Awesome find! I can't believe how it will barely fit for where you want it. It was sunny here today. And it is supposed to be sunny for a few days. Hope it is in your area too. Maybe you will get to your projects soon.

bj said...

I still can't wait to see what you do with your sewing machine cabinet...I want to do mine, too, and will get to it...sooner or later..:O)

Marina Capano said...

Hi! What a very pretty vanity!just beautiful! Happy pink saturday!

Marina