Monday, April 6, 2009

Alexandria

Alexandria, Virginia
Some of the historical homes in Old Alexandria.....
this was an amazing town and just jam packed with so much history.....
I love the row homes....and if you look close...cobble stone street.....

lots of brick......

George Washington stayed in this home way back when......

if you look in the window....
the home owners put a bust of George Washington......

the sound of the glasses was amazing......
he could play anything you could imagine....from classical to pop.....
this was a very talented musician.....
he appeared on many TV shows over the years.....
******************************************************
Store fronts I thought were cute......


our grand kids call my husband Pops...
so we had to get a picture......

loved this gate....
an entrance to a home......

this was a restaurant window.......
****************************************************
I found this really interesting store on King Street......
what caught my eye was this very interesting store front window......
very unique and just invites you in......

so in I went.......

chandeliers, mirrors ...just a little of everything.....

I love that table against the wall.......

I like how they attached the tassels on ribbon from the window......

some mercury glass and that old spoon chandelier....
very cool......
I didn't buy anything...but I did find something at another shop.....
I will show you that later......
***************************************
next Washington D.C.
Hugs,
Mo :-)

14 comments:

Bo said...

Hi Mo...I love seeing these beautiful, historical rowhouses...I'm not sure I could live in one...but I think they are gorgeous. I'll be looking forward to your D.C. photos! ;-) Bo

Mary said...

Mo, wonderful pictures. I love seeing homes from other areas of our country. Cobblestone streets, wow!! What a treat it must have been to hear the gentleman playing the glasses.

Mary

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

I'm sitting here at work only a few blocks away from where you were. Glad you enjoyed Alexandria!

Cyndee Greene said...

Oooo, Mo, I have just discovered you & have loved perusing your blog. I am thrilled to meet someone from the Bay Area here in magical Blogland.
I just went to a Wed matinee of Wicked 2 weeks ago. Fabulous! And I have never met anyone that is crazy as me. Leaving at 6 a.m. for a day at Disneyland & being home by 10, you are a woman after my own heart.
I will be back!

Ginger said...

Hi Mo:
I enjoyed seeing all the places that you visited there. It looks like a lot of history and great shopping. The row houses don't have garages, does everyone just park on the street?
Ginger

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Mo, I just loved seeing your trip those row houses are wonderful and that shop WOW!!I'm glad its not close by or I would be in trouble...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Anonymous said...

Oh My, Oh My, Oh My!!!!

Wow!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I loved send Mika a note... so cute!!!

I have an award for you on my blog. You may have gotten one like it before or maybe your blog is award free... but I wanted you to know I am thinking of you and what you have added to my world...

Have a Great Day!!!

Just A Gal...

debi said...

Great pictures...looks like a beautiful place to visit. tfs

Joyce's Journey said...

I've never been to Alexandria, Virginia, but your pictures have enticed me! It looks like a beautiful place with many things to see and do. I'm glad you had such a nice time. Getaways are always wonderful!!

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Your right about the window, seeing something like that I would be dying to go in to check it out. The shop looks lovely and what a treat to see it. I can't believe you walk out with nothing...I know, your looking for just the right thing to hit you. I do the same thing.

Have a Great Day-

Joyce said...

Thanks for sharing your photos of your trip. Looks like you had a great time.
Joyce

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

So beautiful! They just don't have streets like that here in Los Angeles!

Can't wait to see Washington DC!

Four Paws and Co said...

Great pictures Mo! ☺

Mrs. Cozy Home said...

I used to work on King Street and the temptation to go out everyday at lunch to shop and eat out was verrrrry distracting!! It's a beautiful place.